Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Holding it together

Seriously, I am barely holding it together right now.  I am still so frustrated about my class yesterday and I just read some online assignments that were submitted and I am even more angry and shocked at some of these students.

So right now, I am just praying that no matter what I encounter today and no matter what is said to me, that I have the wisdom to do the right thing and to say the right thing.  I am tired of being in this funk everyday.  I am tired of not seeing the sunshine and being drenched with rain.  I am tired of sitting in front of the TV dazed, watching QVC for ridiculous products I will never buy like Tony Pony or a fancy treadmill with a fan and a cd player in it, just because I don't want to face anything else.

So here's to making today different.  I am going to come up with some sort of plan so I don't feel so helpless.  I think maybe I'll meet with the course director so I can get some advice.

Countdown till class...30 minutes.  

2 Comments:

At July 30, 2004 at 2:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been wondering how it went.
seriously, this whole thing is really hard!
dave used to be a manager of 350 people and likened it to the worst kind of babysitting. the up side is he got very, very good about having difficult conversations with people who wanted him to change his mind about something. or who were mad that a 20 something from the midwest could decide their fate with a signature.
i'll have to write you out his "tips" when i get a minute. they've been very helpful to me as an NF who gets so totally immersed in the values of the conversation that i don't know how to back myself out of the corner i find myself in! for trying to be nice! sigh.
hang in there.

 
At July 30, 2004 at 4:31 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks for you comment Jen! I actually talked to my course instructor today, who agreed to come to class on Monday and grade this student's speech along with me. The student refused to meet with the course instructor, so I figured I would bring the meeting to him. We'll see how it goes! I would love to hear Dave's tips for us NFs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home