Thursday, July 29, 2004

Runner's High

So apparently there is so debate about whether or not a runner's high exists.  I don't know about all the biology of it, but I know that the past few weeks running has lifted my moods.  Today, I was unmotivated.  Then I ran 4 miles, and I still haven't actually DONE anything, but I don't feel unmotivated.  I feel good.  Maybe I have some crazy cocaine-like endorphines dancing around in the VIP room of my head, having a rocking party and the rest of my brain can't help but join in.

Whatever the reason, I am glad I got my lazy butt off the couch and away from QVC infomercials and the dirty kitchen.  Now, I'm still surrounded by a messy apartment and ungraded assignments, but it doesn't bother me!  I can handle this! 

I've also been watching the Democratic National Convention.  I don't remember watching the conventions before, but it's fascinating.  Especially as a communciation scholar, I love watching the speeches, seeing the way people react to things, picking apart the language they use and references they make.

Anyway, I promise to be back to a more cohesive version of myself by Monday.  Or at least someday.  

 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home