Monday, August 02, 2004

Oh the ups and downs...

I'm so happy today and so exhausted. It's been an interesting couple weeks.

First, J.Stone moved here this weekend...I'm so excited about all that, but I think I'll save that for a separate post.

For the ending to my saga last week with my student, read here:

Today, I brought my course instructor in with me to watch this student's speech and evaluate it with me. I trust his opinion and since this student refused to meet with us, I figured I'd bring the meeting to him. The meeting lasted over an hour after class, but I think it was productive. Luckily, my supervisor was very straightforward and stern at first and the student responded much more respectfully than he usually does with me. My supervisor has been teaching for 35 years and is a male, so perhaps this is part of the reason. Anyway, there were even a few tears from this student as my supervisor explained that he had little chance of passing this class and that if he wanted to continue his behavior must change. At the end, he even looked me in the eye (which is rare) and apologized for the way he treated me. I was satisified. I have six (only 6!) class periods left with these students. He has one speech left. And I will be left with the decision of whether to pass him or not. Tough decisions.

Anyway, besides that, I didn't do much this weekend. But that was okay with me. Friday night, I honestly stayed home and cleaned and cleaned (okay after a bit of shopping - it was pay day.) Then Saturday, I did some more shopping after helping friends move. I really want to get my haircut. I'm thinking like Catherine Zeta-Jones in the Terminal. If anyone reading this has any opinions regarding this, let me know! Getting a haircut can be traumatic experience, especially for those of us with long hair. So we'll see.

Okay, well I can't anything else right now because we must go running. Then off to see the village. Scary...

1 Comments:

At August 6, 2004 at 6:37 PM , Blogger jen lemen said...

i think you should totally cut your hair like cz-j. i can see it and i think it will look awesome, sophisticated, etc. go for it!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home