Monday, February 07, 2005

The little things...

Wasn't it that band BUSH back in the 90's that had the song lyrics that said "oh it's just those little things that kill"? I might be making that up.

Anyway, I feel like I have only had enough emotional reserves to deal with life without any glitches. One minor thing goes wrong and I'm in tears. It's so silly, but I can't help it sometimes. I broke my rice cooker yesterday (it was dearly loved), got a parking ticket today, overslept (what happened to my alarm?!), forgot to do my homework until right before class, and then when I attempted to do my work out tape after dinner, I managed to break my VCR and the cable internet connection at the same time.

Now my tape is stuck in the VCR and the VCR won't even keep its power on. I love that work out tape too. In my frustration of trying to get it to work, I somehow broke the cable plug to our modem. Figures. Jessica remedied it for now, but still. This last thing going wrong put me over the edge and I called my mom in tears.

I sometimes wish I didn't have video tapes or rice cookers or cars and then things wouldn't be able to go wrong with them. Ya know? We have so much that I think sometimes it makes us unhappy. Isn't that ironic?

After some good talks to mom, Jesse, and Vickie, I managed to pull myself together and write three pages of my paper due on Thursday. It's not much, but it sure is a start. And at this point, I need to hold onto those little accomplishments.

So, goodnight all. I wish all of your electronics better luck than mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home