Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The story...

So just in case you didn't get to hear it from me, here's how he proposed.

On Saturday morning I went with some friends to look at wedding dresses (for the two that are engaged). We ooohhed and ahhed appropriately and had a lot of fun watching them try on many styles and tiaras and veils and everything.

When I got home, I started working on making a soup for a dinner we were all having that night at one friend's house. The guys were at a sports bar watching the game for the afternoon (or that's what we thought). I left my apartment around 6 PM to meet for dinner but the guys didn't get there till around 7. We kept calling them to tell them to get here, but they were too into the game and said they would be there soon.

So we hang out for awhile and finally around 10:45, Jesse and I leave to head back to my apartment. When we walk in the door, all the lights were off, so I switch on the hall light. He turns it off. I was like "Why did you do that? I can't see anything!" He says, "Well, what's the light coming from your room?"

So I drop my stuff and walk into my room to see THREE HUNDRED gerber daisies (my favorite) in all different arrangements and vases all over my room. There was gauzey white fabric covering my dresser, my bookshelf, my desk and tons and tons of tealight candles burning. On my dresser, there was a bottle of champagne, a framed picture of us, tons of flowers, this fancy little rasberry cheesecake and in the center, the ring box - open.

I was SO surprised and shocked, I just sat down on the floor in the middle of the room and laughed and laughed. I was just taking it all in and just so floored and surprised and HAPPY most of all. So Jesse is just watching me and laughing at my reaction and I finally say "Do you have a question to ask me?!" And he says "YES! Do you want to marry me?" And of course, I say "YES!!"

The ring is just what I wanted. It's white gold, square brilliant cut in a catherdral setting. If that doesn't mean anything to you, that's okay. Just know it's sparkly and it fits.

Jessica, my roommate, was one of the ones in on the plan (among others). Apparently the flowers got delivered that morning while I was gone and they put them in another person's apartment to stay for the day. As soon as I left at 6 PM to go to dinner, Jessica called Jesse and the guys came over to set things up. When we left the dinner at 10:45, Jesse called Jessica and told her to go light the candles. She did an amazing job setting everything up. My room was so beautiful, I didn't want to touch it or sleep in it.

Anyway, after it happened, I proceeded to call my family members and some friends (it was late though!). It's been a fun, crazy weekend and I'm sure this semester is going to be even more crazy! But I'm excited and looking forward to everything.

Okay, that's my story. Isn't it a good one?!

2 Comments:

At January 19, 2005 at 1:07 PM , Blogger Dave said...

That's a great story! Congratulations! You and Jesse are both amazing people individually. As a couple, you rock.

 
At January 21, 2005 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Thanks, Dave! You know we think the same of you and Jenn. Yay NTs and NFs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home