Sunday, September 12, 2004

Injuries!

So for once today, I felt awesome during my attempted 23 mile run in preparation for the marathon. I worked really hard to get hydrated the day before and eat right and all that. I didn't feel sick to my stomach from eating the sports gels (which I usually do) and I wasn't mentally tired.

That's when my knee started hurting. Not so bad at first (we were at 10 miles at that point) and then it got worse and worse. When I almost started crying, JBS convinced me to stop. We were at 16 miles, 7 miles short of our goal for today. I was so bummed. I tried to walk the three miles home, but couldn't even do that. Luckily, my cell phone was in our water bottle packs, and so I called my roommate to come get us. I felt so defeated.

I am proud of myself for pushing it as long as I did. And I'm thankful that in these months of training, this is my first injury. I just hope and pray that I didn't hurt myself too badly that I won't be able to run the marathon itself. So send some positive thoughts my way.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to keep a good attitude while I hobble around. To make matters a little more upsetting, I brought my laptop in to get looked at, so I am at the mercy of using other people's computers. I have one of those service plans at Best Buy and they said they are backed up so it could take up to a week to look at it! I don't know if I can survive!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home