Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Library Naps & Escapees

So yesterday my week got off to a good start! I went to the library from 12:45 - 4:15 PM to work on my thesis and was pretty proud of myself. I do have one confession though. I fell asleep at my library table for about a half hour. I had just eaten lunch though and it was so warm in there and I couldn't focus. But instead of giving up and going home, I just took a little snooze and then got back to work.

I read a lot about appraisal theorists and theories of the elicitation of emotion. One interesting book I am reading is called "Thinking and Feeling" and has a bunch of different articles on perspectives of cognition and emotion. Which comes first? Do they affect each other? All interesting stuff.

I brought another peach for lunch today. So far, it hasn't been attacked by any of my other lunch items, so it's juices are in tact and it has no bruising (yet).

Kito got out last night. He is usually pretty good about not running out the door, but last night I guess he just wanted a taste of freedom. Can you blame him?

JBS was taking the trash out through the sliding glass door, and Kito just ran through his legs and out into the world. JBS dropped everything and took off. I ran to the fridge, grabbed the bag of shredded cheese, left the fridge and back door open, and ran as fast as I could to catch up.

I realized I looked ridiculous. I was running up the street yelling "Kito!! Cheese!! Kito!! Cheese!!"...Who wouldn't question my sanity? These elementary school kids stood at the corner, laughing at me, and said half-seriously "good luck."

I see Kito a block up, peeing in a neighbor's yard. JBS is gaining on him, but as soon as he gets close, Kito darts across the street.

So we're both huffing and puffing (yes, even us marathon trainees - we're not used to sprinting!) trying to catch up with my little dog when he makes a crucial error that led to his capture. He tried to run up the on the porch of this house, but when he got up the steps, it was blocked off, making him trapped.

JBS grabbed him and I hurried over to give him some cheese ("see? coming home gets you treats!") and we proceeded to walk home. Unfortunately in my haste I didn't bring a leash, so we had to carry him home, which got tiring. Not to mention that we again looked ridiculous carrying our dog home.

I couldn't help but laugh though. What a little 10 minute adventure for my pup. He kept looking back to make sure we were following him. It must have been exhilarating. Of course, this wouldn't have been funny at all if we didn't catch him. But since we did, I can laugh about it.

On a different note, I have more physical therapy today. I was so bummed about not being able to finish that 6 mile run on Sunday that I am losing hope of my recovery in time for the race. Let's hope for a miracle.

1 Comments:

At September 29, 2004 at 5:46 PM , Blogger jen lemen said...

i don't know why but this post made me laugh myself silly.
i needed that.
thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home