Monday, October 04, 2004

October!

I cannot believe it is already October. This is freaking me out. Midterms are coming up and deadlines and this is all just a lot for me to handle. I was able to keep these thoughts at bay this weekend, because I went home for the 26 mile practice run.

Speaking of the practice run, a miracle happened. And I needed one. The most I've run since my injury was 5 miles, and that was last Wednesday. Every other time I tried to run, the pain got so bad I couldn't go on.

But I was determined to get in at LEAST 10 miles this weekend. My two teammates were aimed at finishing the full 26 in preparation for our marathon on October 31st. I did lots of stretches before and tried to keep a positive attitude and somehow ran 20 miles!! I walked four miles at the end, but still! I crossed the finish line running (rather pathetically, I might add) and received my AIDS marathon medal. I was so proud. And it gave me just the confidence booster I needed. I'm confident I will be able to finish the marathon in a month, even if I have to walk at the end because of my injury.

Well, that's it for now. I suppose I really should do some work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home