Tuesday, March 01, 2005

MARCH!

I can't believe it's March already. Where is this semester going?!

I discovered the other day that it is very easy to download sermons from CRCC's webpage and put them on my iPod. So while I waited for the bus (which was 20 minutes late) this morning, I listened to a sermon about prayer given by patsy f a few weeks ago. Technology is amazing.

Not sure where I would say I am spiritually lately. On one hand, I feel bad for not finding a church around here and on the other hand, I just don't want to go to church. Not that I don't want to put the time into god, but I don't know. I just feel disconnected from the church experience lately.

Then the other day, while I was in the nail salon (sounds silly, I know), I started talking to this woman while we were waiting for our nails to dry under those funny UV lights. I don't really even remember home the conversation started, but somehow she was telling me about her six kids, all of who are adopted, and her grandkids, and her husband who started this organization called the second mile. I remember seeing a program on it on local cable tv last year. I sent Jesse an email right afterwards telling him about it.

Basically they have all these outreach programs for youth. The program on it made me cry because this tough teenage boys were really being affected and having their lives changed because of the presence of the people at the second mile. And hearing them talk made me want to be involved in this.

So anyway, after talking to this woman (Dottie I think?) for a long time, I had to leave, but decided that it was a sign that maybe I should get involved there. They are Christians and go to a church around here, but I'm more interested in getting involved in their outreach and getting connected in a real concrete way. Maybe the church part will come later.

Okay, I'm sending in the interest form. Time to DO something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home