Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Indie Bride!

Well, in an effort to procrastinate and also to search out the origins of some marriage traditions, I came across this site called indiebride. I have to tell you that I'm very excited to find this site for a couple of reasons.

First, I realize I am not the only one out there who is excited about planning a wedding and yet somehow feels like she is betraying her feminist ideologies by buying into the whole huge consumeristic mess. I mean, have you looked at how many wedding magazines are out there on the market? It's insane! All these articles and etiquette and honeymoon locations and special outfits.

Anyway, so this is a site where at least people seem to be thinking about issues a little more deeply. I'll let you know what I learn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home