Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Theses, sunshine, and enjoying the moment

Well, I finally got approval for my thesis study so I am cleared to go collect data! Now for the logistics of it all...many many hours of data collection and recruiting are in store for me in the next three weeks.

After that begins the writing. Someone sent me this comic, which made me laugh. And then I started stressing about it. When will I ever find time to finish this?! :)

But today the sun is shining and the temperature is supposed to get into the 70's for the first time since last fall. I even went running yesterday in preparation for a 5K race on Sunday.

When spending time outside becomes an option, I feel a little more free. I don't *have* to stay indoors...I have choices! I have possibilities! This convinces me that things just have to be on the upswing. With a gorgeous day spread out in front of me, everything seems just a little bit brighter.

I'm also working on embracing the uniqueness of each day, of each situation, instead of constantly wishing I wasn't in the place that I currently occupy. Us "iNtuitives" (myers-briggs) have the tendency to constantly look to the future as the most interesting, the most capturing of our attention...and focus on all the what if's and what could be's. But today, I'm struggling against that...I'm trying to appreciate all the special challenges and insights of today without wishing the future were here a little bit sooner.

Here's to sunny days, endless possibilities, and enjoying the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home