Sunday, December 11, 2005

dreams and messages encoded

so maybe god isn't just speaking to me through dove chocolates (see previous posts), but through dreams!

my mom just called me to tell me she had a very vivid dream about me last night and wanted to pass it along. it was something like this:

i told her i had lost something very, very important to me. it was some sort of wallet type purse thing but i hadn't seen it for several days. i thought i knew where i left it, but others were unsure that it would still be there after all this time.

i convinced my mom to go with me to the place i thought i left it, which was some sort of beach house several hours away. she decided that since it was really important to me and i really thought i could find it that she would go with me.

i guess other people had been in and out of that house (possibly friends?) and when we got there, my mom looked on the coffee table shelf and it was right there. i was so so so happy that it was found and we celebrated that we did it -- we found it. she commented that the people in the house must really care about me since they didn't take it and left it here after all that time and that everyone thought i was wrong for thinking it would still be here, but it was. so the long trip was worth it.

anyway, okay, so interpretations! i first thought that my wallet represented my identity and i was searching for who i was or something like that.

her interpretation was that this wallet thing was my old faith that i used to have in god and that i thought i knew where i left it, but others doubted it would still be there. she's not sure where she comes into play, but she believed me enough to take the long drive with me back to the place where i thought i lost it and then together we found it and it made me really, really happy.

Hmm...any other interpretations? i once heard that everyone in your dreams is really just parts of you...but maybe in this case, it was actually a message for me, not just for my mom. a message of hope or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home